Re: Monit zombie processes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit zombie processes
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:44:08 +0100

Hi,

the zombie can be related to "check program" statement - as the program check collects the status from the program in the next cycle, when the program exits, it becomes zombie until next monit cycle. It is documented in Monit manual with more details: http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#PROGRAM-STATUS-TESTING

How many "check program" statements do you have in your monit configuration file?