Re: How to monitor a process, which should not run

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: How to monitor a process, which should not run
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:50:39 +0100

Hello,

you can use "check program" to trigger action if the program exists, something
like:

        check program myprocess with path "/usr/bin/pgrep mypattern"
                if status = 0 then exec "/my/script"

The pgrep returns 0 if some process matched => monit will execute script in
such case.

I have also created new feature request for simple native process existence (in
addition to existing "if does not exist" statement), so we may implement this
in the future:
https://bitbucket.org/tildeslash/monit/issue/171/support-if-exists-then-for-testing-that