monit 5.12 sending to Exchange

From: Len Conrad
Subject: monit 5.12 sending to Exchange
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:23:30 -0600

I reported this earlier but can't find a response, was same with 5.9 and 5.12.

I had one, now two machines where monit is configged to send mail direct to IP
of Exchange.

the monit msgs are delivered to Exch, REPEATEDLY, every 2 minutes because the
SMTP dialog doesn't complete to monit's satisfaction, defers them in
/var/db/monit and keeps retrying.

monit -vv  doesn't help,  monit.log just shows failing, but now precisely why.

help

Len