Re: defne mmonit groups in monitrc?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: defne mmonit groups in monitrc?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:15:23 +0100

Hello Adam,

adding an option to Monit configuration would be tricky - the hostgroups are managed on M/Monit side, so if you’ll want for example to rename the hostgroup or delete it, you’ll have to change configuration of all Monit agents which refer to it first (it could be even hundreds of hosts).

Instead we recommend the HTTP-API, which can be used to implement simple script for automatic hostgroup extension when new host is deployed: http://mmonit.com/documentation/http-api/Methods/Admin_Groups