Monitor MySQL 5.5

From: Jorge Bastos
Subject: Monitor MySQL 5.5
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:56:21 -0000

Hi,

I just upgraded from MySQL 5.0 to 5.5, and monit 5.10 stop monitoring it, saying:

mysqld

Not monitored

-

-

-

Haven’t changed the configuration in monit, and MySQL pid is the same.

Is there something I need to tune in the below conf?

check process mysqld with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

   group database

   group mysql

   start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"

   stop  program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"

   if failed host localhost port 3306 protocol mysql with timeout 15 seconds for 3 times within 4 cycles then restart

   if failed unixsocket /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock protocol mysql for 3 times within 4 cycles then restart

   if 5 restarts with 5 cycles then timeout

   depend mysql_bin

   depend mysql_rc

check file mysql_bin with path /usr/sbin/mysqld

   group mysql

   include /etc/monit/templates/rootbin

check file mysql_rc with path /etc/init.d/mysql