Re: Protocol for a SIEVED ?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Protocol for a SIEVED ?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 22:59:15 +0100

If the port test succeeded (no errors), then it seems that the port 2000 is
handled by some other process (not sieved), or that the sieved was able to
accept TCP connection and it failed later on protocol level. Please can you
check with which process listens on this port?:

        sudo lsof +c 0 -P -iTCP -sTCP:LISTEN | grep 2000   # the PID will be in
the second column

vs. the PID of the sieved process:

        cat /rundbmail/dbmail-timsieved.pid

If it accepted TCP connection but failed to handle requests, you'll need to use
more specific protocol test ... you can use generic send/expect
(http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#GENERIC-SEND-EXPECT) or we
can implement native test.