Re: Solaris 11 memory usage

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Solaris 11 memory usage
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 09:33:48 +0200

Hi Nestor,

you can use something like this to get the distribution (will record the
memstat output + user space distribution ... processes by RSS):

        if memory usage > 80% then exec "/bin/sh -c 'exec >> /tmp/memstat.$$;
echo ___________ `date` ___________; echo ::memstat | sudo mdb -k; prstat -c -s
rss 1 10'"

There was fix for memory usage report for Solaris in Monit 5.7 ... please can
you upgrade to Monit 5.9? If the problem will persist - is the system where
Monit is running 32-bit or 64-bit? Is it the Solaris zone?