Re: Monitoring multiple apps running under a non privileged user

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: Monitoring multiple apps running under a non privileged user
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 01:01:55 +1300

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the detailed answers.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
If you run Monit as root, you can set the uid/gid for exec actions and start/stop/restart programs ... Monit will then execute them as the specified user, not as root. If you want to run the tests as specific user too, you have to start Monit as that user. You can also run multiple Monit instances on the same machine (different users - different monits) - in such case you need to customize monit files locations using "set pidfile", "set statefile", "set idfile" statements).