Monitoring multiple apps running under a non privileged user

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Monitoring multiple apps running under a non privileged user
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:51:19 +1300

I have the following scenario.

We have multiple web apps owned by the deploy user  and running as the web user.  I would like monit to check each app directory for a monit.conf file (app/config/monit.conf) and process it as the deploy user.  When a new app is deployed I would like monit to notice this and run the config file. When an app is removed I would like monit to notice this and kill the processes started by that app (this is probably too much to ask).

Obviously running monit via the users cron would do this but I am wondering if it's possible to do this using the daemon mode.

Cheers.