Re: MySQL host checks in Monit 5.9

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: MySQL host checks in Monit 5.9
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:51:32 +0200

Hi,

Monit 5.9 has new MySQL protocol test - the old one tried anonymous login (even negative response was interpreted as success, as MySQL processed the request), which generated lot of connection failures and flooded mysql log.

The new protocol test doesn't perform the login attempt and also checks the response code - if error was returned, the protocol test fails and logs details (as in your case). The new protocol test is correct, as when the client from which Monit runs the test is blocked, then even application which will run on the same host as Monit and will try to connect to MySQL will fail as well => MySQL won't work.

I recommend to fix the problem as suggested by MySQL error message (unblock the host).