Re: Hostname Issue

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Hostname Issue
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:29:32 +0200

Hello Sam,

the name set by "check system STRING" (if defined) is preferred as descriptive
name for the machine and allows to customise the name independently of real
hostname (which can be very long and not always descriptive such as Amazon AWS
instances).

Monit 5.5.1 added support for "check system $HOST" which expands to system
hostname.