how to add host?

From: Anthony Griffiths
Subject: how to add host?
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:07:18 +0100

I've just installed mmonit-3.2.2 on centos 7.
1) in the readme it says:
'Setup Monit on each host you want to monitor', so I went into the browser gui and went to Admin/Hosts but there's nowhere to add a host. It just says "No records found" under Hosts. How does one set up a host?
2) the readme also says: 'Put the following into your Monit control file, .monitrc:', but there is no .monitrc file. Should I create this file myself? if so, where is it supposed to go?
I did check the manual before posting this but that didn't shed any light either.