Matching URL content against regular expression

From: Gonzalez, Fernando (FOM)
Subject: Matching URL content against regular expression
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:29:28 +0200

Hi, I am trying to get monit to check a URL and verify the content with
a regular expression. For that I use this configuration:

CHECK HOST fergonco WITH ADDRESS fergonco.es
         if failed
                 port 80 protocol http
                 and request /tmp/a with content = "ab"
         then alert

If I remove the "with content" part I get the report is ok, but when I
put it says "connection failed" and in the log I get this:

[CEST Jun 10 21:31:00] error    : 'fergonco' failed protocol test [HTTP]
at INET[fergonco.es:80/tmp/a] via TCP -- HTTP error: Regular expression
doesn't match: No match

I am trying to access a file that contains just "abccc", I know what a
regular expression is and I have tried many combinations. Still, I must
be doing some silly mistake. I have searched the mailing list and
existing documentation with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.