SSL-Auth checks

From: Martin Sebald
Subject: SSL-Auth checks
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:57:21 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to check SSL Auth on Postfix because it fails for our server from
time to time (I then have to restart saslauthd, courier-authdaemon and
postfix). But it does not seem to work.

I tried the following:

check process postfix with pidfile /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid
   group mail
   start program = "/scripts/postfix_start"
   stop  program = "/scripts/postfix_stop"
   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 25
     expect "^220 mail.domain.tld ESMTP.*"
     send "EHLO mail.domain.tld\r\n"
     expect "^250.*"
     send "AUTH PLAIN\r\n"
     expect "^334.*"
     send "encrypted-user-and-password\r\n"
     expect "^235 2.7.0 Authentication successful.*"
     send "QUIT\r\n"
     for 2 cycles then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
   depends on postfix_rc

I checked it by using telnet and connected to Postfix on port 25. The server
accepted everything and gave me back a "235 2.7.0 Authentication successful"
information. Maybe it is just a little small thing which I do not see at the
moment.

The following websites were helpful for that:
http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/#connection_testing
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2012-01/msg00031.html
http://www.ndchost.com/wiki/mail/test-smtp-auth-telnet

The encoded user and password is created out of bash with this command:
perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print encode_base64("address@hidden")'

Any idea, anybody? ;-)

Cheers,