Ordering of syntax check option

From: Mehul Ved
Subject: Ordering of syntax check option
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 03:10:32 +0000

Hi,

  My monit file is in /etc/monit/monitrc, which isn't the usual path so when I run

 $ monit -t

it fails to file the control file, which is the correct behaviour.

To fix this, I tried

 $ monit -c /etc/monit/monitrc -t

which worked, as expected. But, when I did

 $ monit -t -c /etc/monit/monitrc

it gives the following error

 'monit: Cannot find the control file at ~/.monitrc, /etc/monitrc, /usr/local/etc/monitrc or at ./monitrc'

The above is unexpected. Does the order of the options have to matter? I believe this is a bug. If so, I'll file a bug report.