Re: Tomcat.

From: Paolo Martinelli
Subject: Re: Tomcat.
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 12:47:23 +0200

Hey Stephan,

first of all we monitor the Tomcat process with:
check process tomcat_process with pidfile /path/to/pid/file/tomcat.pid
start program = "/etc/init.d/tomcat start"
stop program = "/etc/init.d/tomcat stop"

Then the availability of the services directly on the Tomcat Connector with:
check host tomcat_host with address private-host.example.com
if failed port 8080 and protocol http and request '/path1' then alert
if failed port 8080 and protocol http and request '/path2' then alert

And last the availability of the services on the internet (our Tomcat is behind an Apache2 server):
check host apache_host with address public-host.example.com
if failed port 80 and protocol http and request '/proxyed/path1' then alert
if failed port 80 and protocol http and request '/proxyed/path2' then alert

Hope it helps,

Paolo