RE: Monit remote servers custom process

From: Hearns, John
Subject: RE: Monit remote servers custom process
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 13:54:44 +0000

Hi,

I am planning to use monit for below purpose. Can I achieve below cases by using monit? I installed monit and trying to find the right configuration. But I am unable to get the configuration for remote server monitor.

Monitor remote server custom process without pid file from monit server.
Restart remote server custom process from monit server based on error/exception.
Alert remote server custom process if it is down.

Yes, you can do this.

Use a 'check program'

check program remote-service with path "/usr/local/bin/remote-service"

The script in /usr/local/bin will ssh into the remote system and perform the checks you want,
Perhaps by running the 'pgrep' command.
If the script sees that the remote service is OK
exit0

If the remote service is down
exit 1

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478