Re: restarting ffmpeg process

From: Weedy
Subject: Re: restarting ffmpeg process
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 22:50:19 -0400

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Anthony Griffiths <address@hidden> wrote:
thankyou martin I think I've cracked it now (the hard way)
monit appeared to be interested only in '/etc/init.d/<whatever> start' so I created the script /etc/init.d/stream and the command '/etc/init.d/stream start' worked. I now have monit working and auto-restarting the ffmpeg process when it (often) goes down. Now I just have to tweak it so monit checks the process more than once a minute.

For the love of god stop top posting.

I was half asleep when I wrote my previous email. You syntax is wrong, that's probably why it was acting weird.
Example from my config.

  check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
    start program "/monit/daemonStart.sh sshd" with timeout 95 seconds