Re: Configuring a warning using a shell script

From: Jason Levitt
Subject: Re: Configuring a warning using a shell script
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 16:52:35 -0500

Hi Martin,

 There are no notices in the monit log file, and, as I mentioned, the
M/Monit console shows
that everythiing is "ok" (I guess).  If monit couldn't execute it,
wouldn't it put something in the log
file?

  Mode of the shell script is 777 and I've executed it successfully as
both a regular user and root.
  And the first line of the script is  #!/bin/bash

Jan:

  How does that affect the alerting? I've been sitting here for an
hour or more. Shouldn't
I see some warnings in M/Monit?