Re: IOexception from m/monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: IOexception from m/monit
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 01:18:45 +0200

Hello Jason,

when you do some service action in M/Monit, it needs to be able to connect to
Monit to handle the action.

In your case it's not possible to establish connection to Monit => please check
the "set httpd" statement settings in Monit configuration file:

1.) If you use "address" option, it must bind to network interface, which will
be reachable from M/Monit host (for "address localhost" will bind only to
loopback interface and no other host will be able to connect to Monit HTTP
interface ... the simplest solution is to remove the "address" option - Monit
will listen on any interface then.

2.) Another possible problem could be the "allow" settings ... if you use IP or
network addresses ACL, make sure the M/Monit host is allowed.

3.) If the "set httpd" options are correct, then please check the host settings
in M/Monit's Host Admin page. You can find more details in M/Monit manual:
http://www.mmonit.com/documentation/mmonit_manual.pdf