RE: newbie: getting monit to watch for a pattern in logfile

From: Hearns, John
Subject: RE: newbie: getting monit to watch for a pattern in logfile
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 10:39:08 +0000

as a newbie to monit I'm having difficulty understanding how I get monit to watch for a particular text string (pattern?) in a logfile and then run a script when it finds it.

Anthony,

I would be interested to hear what the solution you find for this one is.

Specifically, I would like to monitor for the OOM killer coming into action on a system.

My first thought would be to use a log watcher program rather than monit, the classical Logwatch being the obvious one.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents. If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478