Re: newbie: getting monit to watch for a pattern in logfile

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: newbie: getting monit to watch for a pattern in logfile
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 22:17:04 +0200

Default control file for Monit is "monitrc" and that is what the official
documentation refers to. Some 3rd party distributions customize the file name
and/or location, which is perfectly fine, but we don't held any responsibility
for such changes => just use the configuration file which your Monit package
provides, or use the official source code/binary, for which the manual is
written.

You can find description of the content test here:
http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#file_content_testing

Martin