how to use monit with a load balancer

From: Atanas
Subject: how to use monit with a load balancer
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 07:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
The load balancer must poll monit to get status. E.g. it can use a http
probe to get a web page; if a timeout occurs or the http code is not 200 the
LB will decide the node is failed and block outside requests to the node
until the web page is available again.

I thought I can use monit's owh web interface to add a dummy html page to it
e.g. /isalive.html but I cannot find a monit http document root etc, Is the
web interface entirely dynamic and generated on the fly?

Some LB's also support e.g. an "expect regex" that is, the monit status page
can be parsed with a regular expression but is there some other way to poll
monit from a remote machine.

You can stop the http from the web interface, but then you can only bring it
up by restarting monit and it would seem queer for monit to restart itself.
Any help will be appreciated,
Atanas