Re: How to run bash script?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: How to run bash script?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:26:23 +0100

Which binary architecture is the monit binary and which /bin/bash?:

file <path>/monit
file /bin/bash

Can you try to change "#!/bin/bash" to "#!/bin/sh" in the script?

On 20 Mar 2014, at 23:17, Martin Vaner <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Martin,

address@hidden:/usr/local/bin# ls -l /bin/bash
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 975488 Dec 30  2012 /bin/bash
address@hidden:/usr/local/bin#

It is exit. So, when i run the script from the console, i just getting this output:

address@hidden:/mnt/vouchers# bash -x logtest.sh
++ tail -n 10 contego.log
++ grep Error
++ wc -l
+ errorcount=0
+ echo 0
0
+ exit 0
address@hidden:/mnt/vouchers#

If i run the script form the console directly, it is working fine.

I do not understand, I have 18 servers all around the world and i am getting the same error from all of them.
There is only one little difference between systems - something are Debian and something are OpenSuse ....

Martin