Re: monit daemon with PID 726 awakened

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit daemon with PID 726 awakened
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:58:23 +0100

When Monit starts and it finds its own pidfile, then it checks if process with
matching PID us running already - if it does, then it just wakes up this
process (Monit is running already).

It seems that in your case some other process is running with the PID
corresponding to Monit's pidfile content (726) ... if it's not monit ("ps -ef |
grep 726"), then remove the Monit pidfile and start again.