Re: M/Monit host registration issues

From: Rui Lapa
Subject: Re: M/Monit host registration issues
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 23:57:59 +0000

Simple Top-Down List:

Check syntax
    monit -t

Check Id file
    monit -v

Stop Monit
remove .monit.id

Start TCP network sniffer on both hosts, filter traffic between both hosts
    tcpdump -n "host MMONIT_IP and host CLIENT_IP"
    ping to check sniffer

Run monit in verbose
    monit -I -vv

Unmonitor something
    monit unmonitor SOMETHING

In case of no success... do an "strace -fo monit.log monit -I" and check monit.log, Hope you understand system calls.

My 2 cents!