Monit - file checks with reminders

From: Ron Kelley
Subject: Monit - file checks with reminders
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:18:29 -0500

Greetings all,

I searched through the archives and could not find an exact match to my problem.

I have monit v5.6 running on CentOS 6.3, and I am trying to get the "check
file" function working with the reminder option.  For some reason, monit never sends
a new alert on the reminder cycle.  Here is what I have:

set daemon 30
set alert address@hidden
check file MegaRAID with path /var/log/MegaRAID.log
   alert address@hidden with reminder on 4 cycles
   if match "Degraded" then alert
   if match "Failed" then alert

Monit will issue the first alert then will not alert anymore.  I have a cron
job that runs every minute to get the RAID card status and put the result in
the /var/log/MegaRAID.log file (thus, the file gets overwritten every minute).
Here is what the MegaRAID.log file looks like:

---------------------------------
LSI MegaRAID   Info - Thu Dec 12 09:06:04 EST 2013
---------------------------------
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Failed
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Online
                State              : Partially Degraded
                State              : Partially Degraded

Since this file is updated every minute, I was expecting to get an alert every
2 minutes (daemon at 30secs, with reminder on 4 cycles == thus, 2 mins).

Can someone please let me know what I need to do to get this working?

Thanks,

-Ron