Re: Getting Issue with Cloned machines and "host_monitid_unique" key

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Getting Issue with Cloned machines and "host_monitid_unique" key
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:49:05 +0100

Hi,

the Monit ID is stored in the file (by default ~/.monit.id, you can customize the location using "set idfile" statement)

To generate new ID:

1.) stop monit on the host with ID duplicate
2.) remove the ID file: rm -f ~/.monit.id
3.) start monit (it will automatically generate new ID and store it to the file)