Re: Monitor Ossec

From: frwa onto
Subject: Re: Monitor Ossec
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:21:15 +0800

Dear Werner,
                   I dont understand what is the need of the extra ossec.conf why not its in the main monit.conf ?

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM, frwa onto <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Werner,
                   I went into the man page here http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#program_status_testing so I read and change it to this now check program test_ossec  with path "/usr/bin/test_ossec" with timeout 1000 seconds and still get service monit start
Starting monit: /etc/monit.d/ossec.conf:1: Error: syntax error 'test_ossec'
                                                           [FAILED]
 . I think my problem why it does not recognize could it be due to my monit version is  monit -V
This is monit version 5.1.1
Copyright (C) 2000-2010 by Tildeslash Ltd. All Rights Reserved. I am using Centos 6.4 and epel repo. Another thing how I start the ossec is via the /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control start not via the /etc/init.d scripts.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Werner Flamme <address@hidden> wrote:
sven falempin [24.09.2013 16:52]:
> I may sound rude, but
> I do not see any relation with monit.

Pardon? Isn't this thread about watching ossec by monit?

> You all sound like a commercial for OSSEC. And this is BAD advertising.

No intention to do so. Where did I write anything like an ad for a
software I don't even know from own experience?