Re: monit packages for Debian 6.0.7

From: Dmitry Korzhevin
Subject: Re: monit packages for Debian 6.0.7
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 14:41:51 +0300

Hi, Martin

Thank you, for advice. I take latest stable binary from site (linux-x64), moved it to /opt, unpack and start with following command:

./monit -c /etc/monit/monitrc -s /var/lib/monit/monit.state

Monit started:

Starting monit daemon with http interface at [*:2812]

I can login to webinterface, but i cant see any of my services in monitoring dashboard.

I use simple config:

set daemon  60
set logfile syslog facility log_daemon
set mailserver localhost
set mail-format { from: address@hidden }
set alert MYEMAIL
set httpd port 2812 and
#     SSL ENABLE
#     PEMFILE  /var/certs/monit.pem
     allow login:pass

check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
   group database
   start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"
   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 3306 then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

check process freerad with pidfile /var/run/freeradius/freeradius.pid
  start program = "/etc/init.d/freeradius start"
  stop program = "/etc/init.d/freeradius stop"
if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 1812 type udp protocol radius secret stidia then alert if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 1813 type udp protocol radius secret stidia then alert
  if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

Can you please advice, maby config syntax changed, and i should modify my checks?