RE: Initial resources check

From: Leif Gustafson
Subject: RE: Initial resources check
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:16:16 -0800

Another issue you may encounter is that the alert notification will come an
hour late because it evaluates the last execution only on the next scheduled
execution.  You are much better off writing a wrapper that is called more
frequently but that only calls the underlying program at intervals of your
choosing (and returns 0 otherwise), this will also give you the ability to
drop privileges and provide arguments to the program.  Hopefully these
issues will be resolved in a future release of monit.