Re: stop a service as a non root user

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: stop a service as a non root user
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:20:51 +0200

You can set specific command for specific user in sudo with NOPASSWD option =>
run it without typing password, just will have to prefix it with sudo and use
the same command (with path, etc.)

        myuser ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/monit stop tomcat

To use it, ssh as myuser and type:

        sudo /usr/bin/monit stop tomcat

... no password needed