Re: Cannot open connection via TCP.

From: Aswin Roy
Subject: Re: Cannot open connection via TCP.
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:48:12 +0530

I am able to monitor MySQL on localhost (my computer) with this code:

 check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
   group database
   start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql restart"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"
   if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 3306 then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

 So, should I be testing the remote host system in which I am trying to monitor MySQL on?

Also, I installed monit using apt-get command and hence I did not install ssl. Does it have anything to do with it?

Thanks.