Re: Resource Checks using hostname

From: David Parks
Subject: Re: Resource Checks using hostname
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 19:56:55 -0400

I just installed Centos 6.4 minimal on a server and, for some reason, I can't
get the monit client to talk to our M/Monit server.  On the new Centos box,
I've stopped the firewall just to rule that out and I can "talk" to the M/Monit
server on the correct port, but M/Monit doesn't see the new server.  I assume
there is probably a necessary package that isn't installed on the Centos box,
but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on where to look before I install some network sniffing packages on
the Centos and M/Monit server itself?

Thanks,
David

There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't...