Re: monit create zombi

From: sven falempin
Subject: Re: monit create zombi
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:30:56 -0400

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Martin Pala <martinp@tildeslash.com> wrote:
Hello,

the temporary zombie is "feature" - explained in monit manual (http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#program_status_testing):
--8<--
The asynchronous nature of the program check allows for non-blocking behavior in the current Monit design, but it comes with a side-effect: when the program has finished executing and is waiting for Monit to collect the result, it becomes a so-called "zombie" process. A zombie process does not consume any system resources (only the PID remains in use) and it is under Monit's control; The zombie process is removed from the system as soon as Monit collects the exit status. This means that every "check program" will be associated with either a running process or a temporary zombie. This unwanted zombie side-effect will be removed in a later release of Monit.
--8<--

We'll fix this with the refactoring of test scheduler.

is that possible that the zombie are'nt disappearing ?