Re: MySQL DB Connectivity Example

From: Noel
Subject: Re: MySQL DB Connectivity Example
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:54:28 -0600

Have you looked at the send/expect features of connection testing?

http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#connection_testing

  -- Noel Jones

On 1/24/2013 10:02 PM, Sourjya Sankar Sen wrote:

Hello,

   I’m facing this issue with MySQL Server – the server process keeps running and you can do a check by telnet-ing to 3306 and it connects. But that’s where the server hangs. The standard monit config. For MySQL isn’t able to detect this issue, as both process & connection are working. If there a way, I can make monit not just connect, but authenticate and load a database as well to see if the server is actually in operational mode?

Thanks,

Sourjya