settings for logging into monit web front-end with local system credenti

From: Andrew Ring
Subject: settings for logging into monit web front-end with local system credentials
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:41:35 -0600

Hello,

I would like to have the monit web frontend authenticate users based on our already present LDAP and/or local accounts. I can not get the "allow @monit" directive to allow me to login with my normal system account username and password. I am trying this one two different systems. One is running CentOS 6.3 with Monit 5.1.1, with LDAP auth. The other is running Monit 5.4 on CentOS 6.3 with flat file authentication. I have added myself to a group called "monit", and "id" reflects that I am in such a group.

my monit.conf contains
set httpd port 2812 and
      use address localhost
      allow localhost