Re: Is there a "real restart" command (not stop then start) ?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Is there a "real restart" command (not stop then start) ?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:41:56 +0100

I agree and we have started on implementing restart. It is 50% done. Parser is
done, but the actual executing of the restart command is not implemented. We
got stuck a little bit there because we have to consider the dependency graph
and how to handle restart as a single command. I also want to refactor and
simplify how dependency is implemented in Monit, because how dependency works
now is that we first run stop and then start on depending services. The
use-case for this behaviour is mentioned in the manual, but it is not really
how dependencies should work.

At the same time we really need to release M/Monit 3.0 now and we're focusing
on that, but once that is done we'll start working on Monit again and finish
stuff like this.