Re: Monit and SQL query

From: Nestor Urquiza
Subject: Re: Monit and SQL query
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 05:19:47 -0400

Monit will send you 1 alert for the failure and 1 when it is back to normal even if you check every minute. Go with cron and you will end up with several emails depending on how often you check.

Furthermore use monit and you will be able to stop all checks at once with one command. Go with cron and you will have to edit a file and hope you did not do a typo.

If you are just checking once in a day and no more than a couple of checks cron will probably do as well as monit.