Re: Resource temporarily unavailable with tlsv1

From: Nestor Urquiza
Subject: Re: Resource temporarily unavailable with tlsv1
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 12:20:52 -0400

>From http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff848256.aspx "(AUTH=PLAIN not supported)"

In corporate environments you usually find Exchange SMTP to be the de-facto mailing server. Exchange does not support AUTH PLAIN. That is of course different than saying AUTH LOGIN is more secure, that is false. Both AUTH PLAIN and AUTH LOGIN are as secure as the TLS over which they should work is.

So I believe adding SMTP LOGIN does make sense. AUTH LOGIN and AUTH PLAIN differ really in just one handshake versus two handshakes.

With the spirit of making monit usage broader I think it would be a nice feature request. Martin?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sep 6, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Jose Amoros <address@hidden> wrote:

> Would it be possible to see AUTH LOGIN in Monit in the future? That'd be a great feature since we're looking to keep our server as secure as possible.

Just use SSL with Monit, it will be more secure and you can use it today.