RES: using Monit do restart cron

From: Alexandre Carlos Vilarinho de Oliveira
Subject: RES: using Monit do restart cron
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:11:27 -0300

Martin

Thank you very much for your help, but I´ve changed a little bit monit´s configuration. Follow the conf I´ve used.

# monitorando arquivo temporario monit/cron

check file cron_test with path /etc/monit/monit.test

    if timestamp > 5 minutes then exec "/etc/init.d/cron restart"

Now if there is any problem with cron and it stops working for some reason monit will restart it automatically.

Regards

Alexandre Vilarinho
Gerente de Engenharia de Rede IP/TI
Tel.: (55 11) 3017-4683