Re: How do you set different e-mail subjects per alert?

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Re: How do you set different e-mail subjects per alert?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:05:10 +0100

There's an error in your configuration.

The format is not if test then alert address@hidden, the alert statement is
global to the whole check. So the correct format is:
if test then alert
if test2 then alert
alert address@hidden

In your specific case, that translates into an extra "alert" keyword
like so:
check file import.lastrun with path /var/lib/import.lastrun
    if timestamp > 28 hours then alert
    alert address@hidden with mail-format { subject: "XYZ import error" }

Or it might be simpler to understand if you look at it this way:
check file import.lastrun with path /var/lib/import.lastrun
    alert address@hidden with mail-format { subject: "XYZ import error" }
    if timestamp > 28 hours then alert

Tested on Monit version 5.3.2. :-)

Cheers - Callum.