Re: setting timeout on check program

From: Tomas Nunez
Subject: Re: setting timeout on check program
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:09:32 +0200

I think you are looking for this

check program your_program with path "/your_path/your_script.sh" every 2 cycles
   if status != 0 then alert

Where "2 cycles" should be the number that fits you.

2012/8/16 Zippy Zeppoli <address@hidden>
Hi,
I was trying to interpret the documentation to change the default timeout for a "check program" check.

check program myscript with path "/etc/monit.scripts.d/myscript.sh"
       if status != 0 then alert

I want this to only run every 5 minutes, but I'm wondering how this syntax would apply?

The syntax of the program status statement is:

IF STATUS operator value [TIMEOUT <N> SECONDS] [[<X>] <Y> CYCLES] THEN action [ELSE IF SUCCEEDED [[<X>] <Y> CYCLES] THEN action]

Groupalia
www.groupalia.com
Tomàs Núñez
IT-Sysprod
Tel. + 34 93 159 31 00
Fax. + 34 93 396 18 52
Llull, 95-97, 2º planta, 08005 Barcelona
Skype: tomas.nunez.groupalia
address@hidden
Twitter Twitter    Twitter Facebook    Twitter Linkedin