monit can't connect to host, I get a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error

From: Laurie Cope
Subject: monit can't connect to host, I get a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:26:59 +0100

Hi

I wondered if anyone could help with getting monit to contact the host m/monit.

I have set monit and m/monit up on the host and it works. On a remote machine I have setup monit. It looks as though monit starts, not sure though. The host will not show any data. I know the node can connect to the host, because I used a wget command on the mmonit address and it download the login screen. So it connects to the host fine (e.g. through firewall).

Maybe there is an issue creating the monit.pid, see below.

monit -Iv shows the following:-

monit: pidfile '/var/run/monit.pid' does not exist
Starting monit HTTP server at [*:2812]
monit HTTP server started
'mycomputeraddress.com' Monit started
M/Monit: message sending failed to http://myhostcomputeraddress.com:8080/collector -- HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error
M/Monit: communication failed (event message)
Aborting event
M/Monit heartbeat started
Sending M/Monit heartbeat
M/Monit: message sending failed to http://myhostcomputeraddress.com:8080/collector -- HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server error
M/Monit: communication failed (status message)

Thanks a lot