Monitoring free space on a device

From: Bernd Wurst
Subject: Monitoring free space on a device
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:29:06 +0200

Hi.

Perhaps I missed something in the documentation, but how can I monitor
if there is a fixed amount of free space on a device?

I have had monitoring with percentual measures for a while now, but as
/home grows, I always have to adjust the values. Getting a message when
usage is 80% of 50 GB is okay, but 80% free of 200 GB is too early to
complain. I want to be alarmed when there are less than, let's say, 15
GB of space available.

Can monit do this?

- Bernd