Re: Incorrect control files load technique causes "include files are nes

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Incorrect control files load technique causes "include files are nested too deeply" error
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 00:36:04 +0200

Hello,

the limit prevents endless-loop include files configuration - it defines limit
on the total number of included files rather then the nesting level (will fix
the error message). The limit can be removed, but i think it is better to keep
it to make sure that monit will detect the problem in the case of some
configuration problem, which will create virtually  endless number of include
files (for example if the include files are generated by some template system
and the template system will become crazy).

If you need to rise the limit, you can modify the MAX_STACK_DEPTH in the
src/l.l file and recompile Monit.