Re: jboss process fails to load properly

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: jboss process fails to load properly
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:17:41 +0200

Hi,

during the restart, monit checks that the application stopped (before calling
start) by looking for the PID from the piddfile - if the PID is not present in
the process table or the pidfile was removed, Monit thinks the process stopped.

In your case it seems, that the pidfile is removed before the process stops (by
some stop script or maybe the java application itself). The solution could be
to use the pattern based check:

        check process my process matching "mypattern"