How to check the uptime of a Ruby process.

From: pippo pippo
Subject: How to check the uptime of a Ruby process.
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:55:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi.

I'm using Monit (version 5.4) to check the uptime of Ruby process on my Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS 32 bit.

Ruby doesn't have a PID file, so I find/check ruby process through the following monit code/configuration:

check process ruby
matching "^Rack: /home/capistrano/railsapp/current?|^Passenger ApplicationSpawner: /home/capistrano/railsapp/current?"

Now I need to check uptime and if is greater then 45 minutes I must to alert. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

K85PD5