Re: monitoring a directory's used space

From: Callum Macdonald
Subject: Re: monitoring a directory's used space
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:48:16 +0200

You could modify the rsync statement to avoid the need for wildcards.
There's something wonky with the way monit executes commands, so I'd
guess wildcard expansion doesn't work. At a guess this would work:
then exec "rsync /source/dir /dest/dir"

I've been watching this thread as I have a slightly similar need. One of
the options we're considering is lsyncd. It does almost exactly what
you've described, without generating notifications (that I'm aware of).
http://code.google.com/p/lsyncd/

Cheers - Callum.