Re: monitoring a directory's used space

From: David Breakey
Subject: Re: monitoring a directory's used space
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:27:10 -0600

Actually, you might want to investigate the dnotify mechanism; this is the kind of thing that is perfect for.
Linking into the dnotify subsystem, you can set it up so that predefined events are automatically triggered as soon as some filesystem condition is met (eg: new file appears).

There is a package for Debian that provides a command-line environment for setting these up, but I can't remember offhand what it is called.